Sunday, June 9, 2013

Salmon: It's what's for dinner!


So, I made sweet potatoes and maple-glazed salmon for dinner. However, I ate my salmon before I took a picture of it cooked. Ooops. It was, however, glazed with a bit of maple syrup and about 1/4 teaspoon of chili pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. I threw it under the broiler for about 10 minutes, and it was tasty indeed. Next time I make it, though, I'll sear the skin side in a skillet first.

Salmon makes the top three of my all-time favorite meat (the other two being steak and bacon), and it's half-price at a nearby grocery store, so I will probably eat it again, and again, and again this week. I'm considering stocking up and freezing it, but I don't have a vacuum sealer, and am concerned that air will leak in and it will freezer-burn, and ruined salmon might just be too great a tragedy for me to contemplate.

It's entirely likely that I was a bear in a past life, because I love salmon as much as my buddy in the picture (and will react similarly if anyone tries to take my fish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment